Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Jing

Jing is a tool which allows you to capture a image or a video and to add your voice instruction over it. You need to download it but it's free of charge.

This is useful when you want to show Internet pages, videos or any documents with your voice guidance. Unlike my brainshark, it doesn't allow you to put your voice instruction slide by slide or page by page, but once you select the area you would like to capture, you can go any pages or sites. It keeps recording the pages and your voice unless you stop recording.

I tried capturing a Youtube video and adding my voice over it. Below is one of the famous scenes from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.




I recorded my voice over this video using Jing. Once I finish recording, Jing sends me a link of the page where the the video with my voice is found.

http://screencast.com/t/dO1BdtLe

I can send this link to whoever I would like to share with the video.

I should know more about how Jing works and what it can do. I think it would be better it could allow us to see the original video and the video with our voice. Or maybe any possibilities to embed the voice-added-video on Blogger??


Here is the link to Jing.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

This is the link to the training video provided by Russell Stannard.

http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/screen-casting/jing.html

2 comments:

  1. How many interesting things can be done online. Now, what would this be useful for? Can you think of an example in which you would use it in one of your classes? I can't figure out how I'd put it into practice in mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Natalia. :) Thank you for your comment. There are a lot more to discover about Jing to be honest. One thing that I find useful about this tool is that you can select and take out a specific scene from a video. This will be useful especially when you want to show a specific scene, and not an entire video. This will save time. You can also add your voice comment on the video, but only if you don't care about the original sound of the video. Maybe other tools can do the same things... Cheers!

      Delete